28 Jul COUNSELLING AND HYPNOTHERAPY FOR COUPLES
COUNSELLING AND HYPNOTHERAPY FOR COUPLES
Does your relationship need some attention?
Even if there is nothing majorly wrong, its always nice to know you can always improve your skills. And I call it skills because we do use skills. We can learn to be our best selves with counselling and hypnotherapy for couples.
So when things go wrong, what skills do we need to learn?
Do you get angry often?
Instead of constantly feeling aroused with negative emotions, it may be time to STOP and move out of that space before you allow it to become normal. Now I did not say move out of the house, I said move out of that space. Improve mental health.
There is a better normal. Think about what “normal” feels like to you. You have your own meaning for it. Find the normal where you feel free within your relationship.
But what does free mean? Discover with counselling and hypnotherapy for couples.
Free is when you are free to be yourself and in particular your best self.
It does not mean that there are no issues or surprises. Surely there may be disappointments, but you can still be your best self through all of the bumpy roads, and all the stormy weather.
IMPROVE COMMUNICATION: Try counselling and hypnotherapy for couples.
Feeling free is feeling safe to communicate. This also means being able to listen to the other person. Even better if you are able to listen to their perspective. It is important to be heard and to be understood.
When something doesn’t feel right, instead of ignoring it, give it attention.
Let’s be honest, there is not much worse than being in a relationship and self suffering.
TAKE ACTION: Try counselling and hypnotherapy for couples.
- How long before you decide to do something about it?
- How many times have your heard that someones annoyed with their partner, or with parts of their relationship?
- Sometimes people get stuck and think it takes a long time to get through things.
- This may be true for some. The opposite can also be true. We can get unstuck and move away from a problem as fast as we decide.
Thats right. We can be in charge of emotional movement.
If we do not move away from some emotions, especially ones that are not helpful, then we can get stuck. Most of the time if we are stuck emotionally, we cannot be our best selves.
MAKE A GOAL
Some people just live with complex emotions and conflict within their relationships?
It doesn’t have to be like that. You can work on it and find peace. Everyone wants peace. Make it as a goal. Ask yourself what needs to be done to achieve peace. What needs to be said, what needs to be let go of, and so on.
Instead of picking on him or her, look at your own actions and responsibilities towards the rocky parts of your relationship(s). Do you need to let go of things?
Sometimes our thoughts, feelings and behaviours can interfere with our relationships.
We ourselves are not perfect. We too affect others. Our words, our vibes and our actions impact others.
WHAT IS THERAPEUTIC?
So what am I suggesting?
Something therapeutic. This can be a book, podcast, song, workshop, etc.
Sometimes this is best done with a professional. There are many different professionals. Not all will be suitable for you. You need to be able to feel safe and free of judgement. You may either go for help alone, or you may go with your partner.
Imagine, reaching common understanding about issues that bother you.
It is important to create conditions for quality communication.
MAKE A PLAN: Try counselling and hypnotherapy for couples.
Like most things, a step in the right direction requires a plan.
If you need to address issues, plan for understanding and resolution. Remember you want to achieve peace. You also want to be your best self.
Is it time to stress less?
This is best done with a professional therapist with tools in place. Use hypnosis for wellness.
After a plan of action is created, this can be reinforced with a hypnosis session.
POSITIVE THINKING CLINIC MODEL FOR Counselling and Hypnotherapy for Couples.
Here at Positive Thinking Clinic:
I work with couples. I work with relationships.
Here is an example of MY MODEL
- When an individual reaches out due to stress in his or her relationship, I invite them to explore my website to see my qualifications, specialities, testimonials and more.
- After an appointment is made I email out confirmation, and a client intake form for each partner to fill out (if both are attending).
- I send out any relevant blogs such as: what is hypnosis, frequently asked questions, etc. Quite often this is important for clients to be familiar with before we meet.
- Some of my tools that I use in session (or as tasks out of session):
- I offer 10 questions for couples to ask each other (you’ll be surprised at what you learn about your partner with some simple questions)
- Cognitive worksheets (they help with identifying problems, setting goals, and specific steps required to achieve these goals)
- Exercises to help deal with flashbacks from affairs (only used if this is relevant)
- We even use the famous languages of love profiles if clients are interested
- I also use a strategic set of letter writing exercises inspired by Shirley Smith. They have proven to be effective for letting go of relationships /parts of relationships (with others and self) that are no longer useful)
- I also have a worksheet for unwanted behaviour and your responses /reactions to it. It’s a great way to evaluate and document change. Remember having a plan is the best first step.
- I like to finish off with a couples hypnosis session; this is a personal session for the couple. I use a strategic questionnaire
- And more such as MP3’s and other resources.
- You identify you need to reach out
- After you reach out, I arrange an appointment
- You will also receive the necessary documents before session
- During session(s) we agree on a treatment plan /confirm goals
- We use strategic questioning and necessary worksheets (for planning and assessment)
- Finish with hypnosis session
- Agree on tasking
This is a neat model for relationship counselling and hypnotherapy.
I also conduct sessions online.
Positive Thinking Clinic
1/7 Magdalene Terrace
Wolli Creek, 2205
0458 850 850
If you need to reach out, contact me on https://www.positivethinkingclinic.com.au/contact/